NAD M28 - 7 Channel Power Amplifier
The Masters M28 Seven Channel Power Amplifier epitomises the ultimate in what is possible with today’s amplification techonology. It is one of the very first amplifiers to employ Purifi’s Eigentakt™ amplifier technology.
Rated conservatively at 200W per channel (8 ohms) and well over 320W dynamic power (8 ohms; all channels driven), the result is breath-taking, lifelike surround sound performance, be it from the latest action-packed film with tremendous dynamics or a subtle classical piece with delicate and detailed passages. The M28 can accept both balanced and single-ended inputs, and features high-quality binding posts for speaker connection. The compact dimensions of this highly energy-efficient design belie the massive amount of power available for the most demanding music and movies.
Seven channels of robust power
The NAD Masters Series M28 is a superior option for setting up a high-performance surround sound system. It produces 200 watts times seven channels, for your front left, right, and center speakers, plus four more surround and/or effects speakers. Now you can immerse yourself completely in movie dialogue, sound effects, and music. This 4-ohm-stable amplifier can handle even demanding, power-hungry speakers.
Innovative amplifier technology
This amp offers pristine Class D amplification thanks to HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology. It helps the amp maintain even frequency response into lower impedance loads, and minimizes the occurrence of digital clipping. Of course, it also offers robust power output and accurate sound with minimal distortion, for a listening experience that NAD calls "analog-like."
The M28 offers individual unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR inputs for each channel, for making solid connections to a home theater preamp/processor like the NAD Master Series M17 V2. There's 12-volt trigger input for remote turn-on, so your whole system can power up with a single click.
- 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.001% THD with all channels driven
- 340 watts into 4 ohms with all channels driven
- 4-ohm stable for use with a wide range of speakers
- innovative HybridDigital Purifi Eigentakt™ technology offers pristine "analog-like" Class D amplification
- frequency response: 20-60,000 Hz (-3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (balanced); 97 dB (unbalanced)
- standby mode engages after 30 minutes without input
- detachable power cord
- FTC power, two channels - ≥ 220 W (ref. rated THD, 8 Ohms , 20 Hz – 20 kHz, two channels driven), ≥ 400 W (ref. rated THD, 4 Ohms , 20 Hz – 20 kHz, two channels driven)
- Rated power, all channels - ≥ 200 W (ref. rated THD, 8 Ohms , 20 Hz – 20 kHz, all channels driven), ≥ 340 W (ref. rated THD, 4 Ohms , 20 Hz – 20 kHz, all channels driven)
- Rated THD (250 mW to rated power, CCIF IMD, DIM 100) - ≤0.003 % (ref. 20 Hz – 20 kHz)
- IHF dynamic power - 280 W 8 Ohms, (all channels driven), 560 W 4 Ohms, (one channel driven)
- Damping factor - 1.3 V (ref. rated power)
- Input impedance - 47 kΩ (Balanced)
- Input Impedance (r and c) - 23 kΩ (Single-ended), >118dB (ref. rated power)
- Damping Factor - >750dB (ref. 8 Ohms, 50Hz and 1kHz)
- Frequency Response - ±0.1dB (ref. 20Hz-20kHz), -2.5dB at 3Hz and 100kHz
- Input Impedance -47 kilohm (Balanced)
- Signal/noise ratio
> 97 dB (A-weighted ref. 1W, Single-ended)
> 124 dB (A-weighted ref. rated power, Balanced)
> 120 dB (A-weighted ref. rated power, Single-ended)
- Frequency response - ± 0.1 dB (ref. 20 Hz – 20 kHz), – 3 dB at 3 Hz to 60 kHz
- Time to go to Standby mode at no input signal - ≤ 30 minutes
- Standby power - ≤ 0.5W
Dimensions & Weight
- Gross dimensions WxHxD - 435 x 156 x 380 mm (17 3/16 x 6 3/16 x 15”)
- Shipping Weight - 21.2 kg (46.7 lbs)
- 7 balanced XLR inputs (one per channel)
- 7 unbalanced RCA preamp inputs
- speaker binding post outputs for all channels
- 12-volt trigger input