NAD T 187
NAD T 187
Designed for those who prefer performance with flexibility, the T 187 Surround Sound Preamp Processor is the perfect separate surround processor accompaniment to any high performance multi-channel power amplifier. You’ll find support for all the latest video and surround sound formats, including full 3D video, along with all the control in this compact, streamlined chassis. Setting a new standard for quality and overall performance, the T 187 shows off NAD’s expertise in digital decoding. The T 187 also includes our proprietary Modular Design Construction (MDC) for the added convenience and flexibility of future upgrades.
Born to be the boss
Let's cut to the chase here: this preamp/tuner/processor has so many features that we'll simply say that it will handle almost every entertainment source you can throw at it, and hand it back to you polished and ready for impeccable performance. 3D video over HDMI? Old school AM/FM radio? Digital audio from an Apple TV®? Yes, yes, and yes, and quite a few more options besides. With all this versatility, the sleek T 187 will serve as the cornerstone of your well-connected, high-end home theater system.
A future-proof modular design
NAD has continued to generate waves over the past few years because of the Modular Design Construction (MDC) philosophy permeating much of its product line. Essentially, the idea goes like this: why should you have to replace entire components of your home entertainment system every time the industry goes through a technological reset? It's expensive, and if you've enjoyed your current model and tweaked your setup to get the most from it, it's hard to face the hassle of swapping it out. So NAD places many of the input/output and signal processing functions on removable modules which can be replaced as new technologies arise. That way, you only pay for the feature updates you want.
Digital data, pure and clean
A modern home theater preamp/processor these days needs to be adept at handling HDMI signals. With 7 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs, the NAD T 187 stands ready to route the desired digital signal to your display devices with the touch of a remote button. NAD's "first, do no harm" philosophy with regard to the digital video signal ensures that the signal presented at the HDMI output will be identical in format to the one presented at the input, guaranteeing the integrity of the data stream. Analog video signals are seamlessly cross-converted, fed to the HDMI output, and faithfully reproduced at your display.
Attention to detail
Discriminating attention has been brought to bear on the audio side as well. Ample inputs for your music and home theater sources plus numerous surround decoding modes make this unit endlessly versatile. Audyssey MultEQ XT room correction allows you to custom-tune the T 187 to match your particular room and speakers. And the system can extend its reach across your home with its support for 3 additional zones in addition to your main home theater room.
By adding two available modules, you can enjoy even more choices. Add iPod compatibility with NAD's available iPod dock. And an XM tuner/antenna like the Audiovox XM XHD2H1 will put over a hundred entertainment channels of entertainment at your fingertips.
This model will pair nicely with the NAD M25 7-channel power amplifier.
- audio/video surround sound preamplifier processor
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD™ Master Audio, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD™ High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- Audyssey MultEQ XT auto calibration
- audio and video input circuits are on individual modules that can be easily upgraded
- supports NAD's optional iPod dock, allowing complete control of your iPod with this unit's remote control and on-screen display
- 4-zone/4-source output:
- line-level stereo audio outputs with independent source and volume selection
- Zone 2 also has an independent composite video feed
- 24-bit/192kHz analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion
- learning/multibrand, macro-programmable remote with illuminated buttons for dark rooms
- programmable 12-volt triggers, and RS-232 and Ethernet ports for advanced control systems
- 17-1/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 14-5/8"D
- 17.6 pounds
- warranty: 2 years
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (7 in, 2 out)
- analog-to-HDMI video cross-conversion
- HDMI signal at source is passed through in original format to HDMI output with no alterations for high-fidelity video
- HDMI version 1.4a
- compatible with 3D display standards
- component video switching: 3 in, 1 out
- digital audio inputs: 3 optical, 3 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 10 audio/video inputs, including 3 inputs with composite and S-video
- 7 audio-only RCA inputs (1 front panel)
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.2-channel analog audio output (RCA)
- 1-in, 3-out IR repeater mini-jacks
- 1-in, 3-out 12-volt trigger mini-jacks
- RS-232C port (for control via PC or automated system)
- Ethernet port allows network control for sophisticated automation systems
- detachable power cord
- MFR # T187