NAD T 778 - 9 Channel AV Surround Sound Receiver
NAD T 778
NAD’s reference Audio Video Receiver (AVR) is a cutting-edge powerhouse for state of the art music and home theater. Well known for our high value/ high performance reputation in the AVR category, the brand’s reference model builds on that legacy with an expansion of unwavering philosophy of real-world performance, simplicity of operation, and future upgradeability.
Power meets simplicity
This 140-watt-per channel home theater receiver can power even the largest surround sound systems. Yet it offers an intuitive touchscreen interface that makes changing sources and dialing-in settings a smooth experience.
Sound from every corner of your room
The T 778 supports cutting-edge "object-based" surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, which place sound effects in space around you with pinpoint accuracy.
You can have up to nine speakers firing simultaneously and hear the movie's score and special effects above, behind, in front of, and beside you — just like you would in an actual theater.
Flexible music streaming
NAD has included a kit that adds support for BluOS, a premium-quality wireless streaming platform that gives you access to a wide range of music.
The kit includes dongles for both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, so you can access streaming music from the internet and content from your phone, wirelessly. There are also a pair of USB inputs for connecting thumb drives loaded with tunes, including high-res audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz.
The free BluOS mobile app gives you easy access to services like Spotify®, Amazon Music (including HD), TIDAL, and more. And it works with additional wireless speakers from Bluesound for enjoying music in multiple rooms simultaneously.
Designed with the future in mind
Clean, powerful amplification never goes out of style, and this NAD has that in spades. But with rapidly changing audio and video technology, it can be hard to commit to new gear when the next generation of tech may be on the horizon.
That's why NAD developed a way to upgrade parts of the T 778 without having to replace the whole thing — a unique technology called "Modular Design Construction."
The T 778's digital inputs and outputs are built into removable circuit boards. If something more advanced comes along down the road, you'll have the option to upgrade your connections without buying a whole new receiver.
Legendary room correction
This receiver includes Dirac Live®, one of the industry's best room-correction platforms. Download the Dirac software to your Windows® or Mac® computer, and connect the supplied microphone. That's when the magic starts.
Dirac takes precise acoustic measurements of your room, and creates a customized correction curve that fine-tunes the output of your speakers and subwoofers based on the unique sonic characteristics of your space.
In other words, you get smooth, clear sound that's tailored to your room. The before and after can be startling, which shows just how valuable room-correction technology can be.
Power and processing:
- 9-channel amplifier
- 140 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology for efficient, clean power and low distortion
- Dolby® and DTS® surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos processing for use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping home theater sound
- Dirac Live™ advanced room correction software tailors the sound to your room with the included microphone
Digital and streaming music options:
- BluOS multi-room compatibility with optional Bluesound wireless speakers
- includes support for Amazon Music Unlimited, Spotify, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz, and more (subscription required for some services)
- supports internet radio from TuneIn, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise, and Slacker Radio
- supports MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, FLAC, ALAC, WMA-L, MQA, WAV, and AIFF file formats
- Bluetooth streaming (transmitting and receiving) with aptX™
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice control assistants
- dual-zone capability with powered dual-room/dual-source output
- surround back amplifier channels can be assigned to power speakers in Zone 2
- only analog sources can be played in Zone 2
Audio performance features:
- toroidal transformer delivers clean, consistent power to all channels
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for biamping front left and right speakers for improved performance
- gold-plated A/V inputs/output connectors
- detachable power cord
- HDMI 2.0 audio/video switching: 6 in, 2 out, including one front-panel input
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- supports 4K Ultra HD video pass-through
- front-panel USB port for audio playback from USB flash drives
- 3 analog stereo RCA inputs, including a dedicated phono input
- digital audio inputs: 2 optical, 2 coaxial
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp outputs for connecting optional external amplifiers
- Wi-Fi dongle and extension cable for wireless connection to your home network
- RS-232 and Ethernet port for use with optional 3rd-party automated control systems
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers the ability to upgrade components for future format and feature compatibility
- free BluOS controller app for iOS and Android devices
- intuitive front-panel color touchscreen for easy operation
- includes HTR 8 remote control (4 "AA" batteries included)
- rack-mountable (3U-height)
- 17-1/8"W x 5-9/16"H x 17-15/16"D
- weight: 26.7 lbs.