NAD T 787 - 9 Channel AV Surround Sound Receiver
NAD T 787
The NAD T 787 brings the movies and music you love to life. It’s the ideal choice for the most advanced home theatre and multi-room systems. NAD’s T 787 features high definition 3D video at resolutions up to 1080p, decoding all the latest surround sound formats, and a whole lot of pure, clean power. Add our exclusive Modular Design Construction (MDC) and the T 787 delivers enough performance and flexibility for many years of spectacular home entertainment. Though it’s packed with a full array of features, the T 787 emphasizes simplicity with a user-friendly interface allowing you to enjoy every feature with ease. Employing our EARS surround mode, the 787 provides a rich, clear sound from any two-channel source. Complete with five presets, you can now save and customise your selections without having to worry about losing them. A juggernaut in its own right, the T 787 achieves a level of performance that will elevate your home audio system to its full potential.
Home theater for the audiophile
You like your music full-bodied, crystal-clear, and startlingly dynamic. You want surround sound that has room-filling intensity, but doesn't overwhelm the subtle details. NAD knows the audio connoisseur and delivers with their flagship T 787 home theater receiver. Whether it's the strains of a symphony orchestra or the power of an action-thriller soundtrack, the versatile T 787 serves up the warm engaging sound that NAD is famous for, along with the latest audio and video features you need for your high-def home theater.
Built for performance from the inside out
Dual toroidal transformers lie at the heart of the T 787, delivering clean, consistent power. With one transformer dedicated to the front left and right channels, and the second devoted to surround, the beefy T 787 is not just built, but overbuilt. (In fact, it weighs in at an impressive 56 pounds.) Under strenuous conditions, this receiver comes through with spectacular, low-distortion sound that many can only aspire to.
Convenient connections bring all your favorite sources together
The T 787 helps keep setup clean and simple. Seven 3D-ready HDMI inputs let you hook up the latest high-def components for easy switching. Analog-to-HDMI conversion sends all of your video sources to an HDMI-capable TV via a single-cable digital connection. Plus, this precision-built receiver includes decoding for the superior high-resolution surround sound formats available with today's HD video sources. The NAD T 787 is XM® Satellite Radio Ready. Add an XM subscription and optional XM tuner kit and you'll open your world to tons of entertainment, from Bach to baseball. Or if you'd just prefer to kick back and listen to a few thousand tunes from your iPod® library, just add the optional NAD IPD 2 dock.
The features you want without a lot of excess
Some home theater receivers come cluttered with more badges on their chest than a puppet dictator. The T 787 has a ton of important features but doesn't gum up the works with the superfluous. The back surround channels are re-assignable for use with biamp capable speakers, so you'll get outstanding performance from them. Or you can use those same back surround channels to drive a pair of secondary speakers in one of three additional listening rooms. Line-level outputs let you pass audio signals to optional amplifiers in the other two additional rooms. So the kids can enjoy a movie in the home theater room, while you enjoy some grown-up time around the rest of the house. And if you prefer to use your Blu-ray player's multi-channel analog audio output, the T 787 will give it a warm welcome with its 7.1-channel preamp input. A full set of 7.1-channel preamp output jacks lets you feed any additional amplifiers you want to incorporate into your system.
Obsolescence is obsolete
We all know technology doesn't stand still. New home theater technologies — new surround sound formats or new types of A/V connections — used to mean you'd have to get a new receiver to replace one that might otherwise be functioning perfectly. Thanks to NAD's Modular Design Construction, the T 787 is future-proof. As new technologies evolve, you'll be able to add or replace modules in your receiver without having to start from square one. That's easier on your wallet and on the environment.
Power and Processing:
- 7-channel amplifier
- 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD™ Master Audio, Pro Logic® IIx, and DTS Neo:6 decoding
- analog-to-HDMI video conversion (to 480p)
- Audyssey MultEQ® XT auto speaker calibration for precise surround sound and easier system setup (microphone included)
Digital Music Options:
- iPod®/iPhone® integration (requires optional NAD IPD 2 dock)
- XM Satellite Radio Ready (requires XM subscription and optional XM tuner kit)
- four-zone capability
- powered dual-room/dual-source output
- surround back amplifier channels can be assigned to power speakers in Zone 2, 3, or 4
- only analog sources can be played in additional listening rooms
Audio Performance Features:
- dual toroidal transformers deliver clean, consistent power to all channels
- NAD PowerDrive circuitry delivers extra punch to music and movies
- back surround speaker channels re-assignable for biamping front left and right speakers for better sound
- gold-plated A/V inputs/outputs
- detachable power cord
Connections for up to 9 A/V source components:
- inputs are assignable for hookup flexibility
- 1080p-compatible HDMI digital video switching (7 in, 2 out)
- HDMI version 1.4 with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC
- component video switching (3 in, 1 out)
- S-video input
- digital audio inputs: 4 optical , 3 coaxial
- digital audio outputs: 1 optical, 1 coaxial
- 4 analog stereo RCA inputs, including 1 front-panel
- 7.1-channel analog audio preamp input
- 7.2-channel preamp output for connecting optional external amplifiers
- preamp outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- 5 audio/video inputs, including:
- 1 front-panel input with composite and S-video
- 4 rear-panel inputs with composite and S-video
- no phono input — to connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamp
- RS-232 and Ethernet port for automated control systems
- 1 switched AC outlet
- 1 pair of main speaker outputs
- intuitive on-screen menu via all monitor outputs
- HDMI standby pass-through allows HDMI switching without powering up receiver
- 40 AM/FM presets
- A/V remote
- basic remote for second listening room (requires remote control extender system, not included)
- 17-1/8"W x 7-13/16"H x 17-7/8"D
- weight: 55.6 lbs.